Third London attacker was Moroccan-Italian: Italy investigative source - Welcome to Uju Ayalogu's Blog

Breaking News

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, 6 June 2017

Third London attacker was Moroccan-Italian: Italy investigative source

Third London attacker was Moroccan-Italian: Italy investigative source

ROME The third Islamist militant who carried out an attack on Saturday in London that killed seven people was a Moroccan-Italian called Youssef Zaghba, an Italian investigative source said on Tuesday.

Zaghba's mother lives in the northern Italian city of Bologna and he had broken off relations with his Moroccan father, the source said, confirming a report on the website of newspaper Corriere della Sera.

Corriere wrote that Zaghba was stopped at Bologna airport in 2016 when he was trying to fly to Syria via Turkey. Italian authorities tipped off Britain about his movements.

He was born in the Moroccan city of Fez in 1995.

For More:Visit Us at Uju Ayalogu's Blog

London police, who had identified the two other attackers as Khuram Shazad Butt and Rachid Redouane, later confirmed the third one as Zaghba.

In Britain's third Islamist attack in as many months, three men on Saturday rammed a van into pedestrians on London Bridge before running into the Borough Market area, where they slit throats and stabbed people indiscriminately.

After a period living together in Morocco, Zaghba's parents separated and the mother returned to Italy, Corriere wrote.

Zaghba visited her at her home near Bologna several times and in March 2016, after being stopped at Bologna airport, he was investigated for possible international terrorist activity but released, according to the newspaper.

However, Italy put him on a list of people considered "at risk," as a potential "foreign fighter" and informed both British and Moroccan authorities of his movements, the paper said.

At the time of the attack he was working in a London restaurant and continued to have contacts with his mother in Italy, which he visited last year, Corriere wrote.

(Reporting by Antonella Cinelli, writing by Gavin Jones; Editing by Crispian Balmer)

MOSCOW A Russian Su-27 jet fighter intercepted a U.S. B-52 strategic bomber on Russia's border over the Baltic Sea on Tuesday, Russian news agencies quoted Russia's Defence Ministry as saying.

Are you an artiste? Do you want your music to go viral and reach a large number of audience? Promote your music and Submit your story  on Ujuayalogusblog.com by clicking here. For Advert Inquiries Tel/+44(0)7590363984 Subscribe to Ujuayalogusblog.com News!

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 2015-2017 @ Uju Ayalogu's Blog NIGERIAN NEWS
For More:Visit Us at Uju Ayalogu's Blog

Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages