Fulani herdsmen invade Falae’s farm again, kill OPC security guard - Uju Ayalogu's Blog for News, Reviews, Articles and More

Breaking News

Post Top Ad

Friday, 8 April 2016

Fulani herdsmen invade Falae’s farm again, kill OPC security guard

Fulani herdsmen invade Falae’s farm again, kill OPC security guard

No fewer than ten Fulani herdsmen have again invaded the farm of the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation SGF, Chief Olu Falae killing one of his Oodua Peoples Congress, OPC, security guard.
It would be recalled that five fulani herdsmen are currently standing trial at the state high court over the kidnap o‎f chief Falae in October last year.

Chief Falae was rescued by a special team of security operatives put in place by the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase on the order of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Despite that, the state government had to cough out N5m to pay as ransom to the kidnappers before the politician was released by his abductors.

The identity of the dead OPC member could not be ascertained as at the time of this report.

Dependable source told DAILY POST in Akure that the herdsmen stormed the farm located at Ilado in Akure North area of Ondo State and kidnapped the security guard.

His corpse was later discovered ‎few days ago inside a pool of water, which is few kilometers to the farm.

It was gathered that the herdsmen invaded the farm last weekend and they were restricted by the security guards engaged by the politician, following incessant invasion of the farm.

The ‎herdsmen according to sources retreated only to surface again and reportedly kidnapped one of the security guards on the farm.

It was learnt that the matter was reported at the state police ‎command and a search party was organized following which his corpse was discovered many day later.

The state police command which had sent out invitation for a press briefing ‎to newsmen in the state yesterday abruptly cancelled it.

The Commissioner of police, ‎Hilda Harrison did not give any reason for the cancellation of the media briefing.

But sources at the state Police Command said that the assignment may have been halted because the Commissioner has no approval from the Inspector General of Police.

The Police image maker Femi Joseph declined comment, stating that all the questions should be directed to the Police Commissioner.

Also, the Personal to chief Falae, Moshood Adekunle Raji said that the matter was a criminal matter and would be handled by the state Police Command.

Raji said he could not comment on the development because the police were still investigating the matter.

The mobile telephone of Chief Falae was switched off permanently ‎yesterday.

His Oba-ile resident was deserted last night when visited.

Subscribe to Our Posts via Email

Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to This Beautiful New Talent - Winter Wolf - Singing "Midnight"

Post Bottom Ad