Army carried out attack on Lekki protesters, but no one died — Sanwo-Olu - Uju Ayalogu's Blog for News, Reviews, Articles and More

Breaking News

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, 21 October 2020

Army carried out attack on Lekki protesters, but no one died — Sanwo-Olu

 

Army carried out attack on Lekki protesters, but no one died — Sanwo-Olu

COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu moves for lifting of curfew

The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has confirmed that operatives of the Nigerian Army carried out the attack on the #EndSARS protest at Lekki Toll Gate area of the state.


The Governor said this on Wednesday in a broadcast to the people of the state over the firing of gunshots at protesters on Tuesday.


Sanwo-Olu, however, said no death was recorded, adding that he had no control over the deployment of the troops but was going to enquire into what actually transpired.


He said: “For clarity, it is imperative to explain that no sitting governor controls the rules of engagement of the military. I have, nonetheless, ordered an investigation into the rules of engagement adopted by men of the Nigerian Army that were deployed to the Lekki toll gate last night.


“This with a view to take this up with higher command of the Nigerian Army and to seek the intervention of Mr President in his capacity to as the Commander-In-Chief to unravel the sequence of events that happened yesterday night.


“Fellow Lagosians, whilst we pray for the swift recovery of the injured, we have not recorded any fatality as against the widespread circulation on social media.


“Myself and the leadership of the ministry of health have been going round. Indeed, we went round the hospitals last night. We went round hospitals last night to see and to monitor for ourselves what has happened and to look and identified the injured protesters.


“We personally visited the hospitals that took in these patients. 10 patients at the General Hospital in Lagos, 11 patients were at the two locations of the Reddington Hospitals both in Lekki and Victoria Island,” adding that another set was at various hospitals in the area.


“I want to expressly say that over the night, two of them had to go through surgery and I am happy to say that they are all stable and they are recovering very well. Quite a number of others are just mild to moderate states.


“Indeed, three of them had been discharged this morning and I am told that addition three to four will be discharged anytime from now.”


READ ALSO:   #LekkiMassacre: “Stop violent crackdown on peaceful #EndSARS protesters” – Joe Biden tells Buhari


Are you an artiste? Do you want your music to go viral and reach a large number of audience? Promote your music and Submit your story on Ujuayalogusblog.com by clicking here. For Advert Inquiries Tel/+44(0)7590363984


For More:   Subscribe to Ujuayalogusblog.com



Subscribe to Our Posts via Email


Share This

No comments:

Post a comment

Listen to This Beautiful New Talent - Winter Wolf - Singing "What a Waste"


Post Bottom Ad

Pages